We carry out our mission with the support of our faith leaders and the rest of our congregations. We provide outreach to LGBTQ individuals and families through community events, actively welcome LGBTQ worshipers and those who seek a spiritual home, provide information to support the LGBTQ community, and send a message of acceptance to the wider community.
Our Activities Include:
- Acting as a resource for those seeking a spiritual home by identifying congregations that will welcome them.
- Gathering monthly at member locations sharing ideas and ways to promote awareness.
- Providing resources and support to congregations at different stages on their journey towards full acceptance of LGBTQ worshipers. Congregations are varied on their journey towards full inclusion.
- Informing congregations of special events and relevant religious services in the community.
- Building relationships with other local Congregations within the Coalition which includes visitation of worship and communication of events and/or special services.
Interfaith Service for Transgender Justice – March 25, 2017
Coming Out and Keeping the Faith – April 2013